CHORUS AUSTIN PRESENTS
THE 10TH ANNUAL COMPOSER'S COMPETITION
Submission Deadline: February 19, 2023
The 10th Annual Composer's Competition is now open for submissions!
Chorus Austin's Annual Young Composers Competition began in 2013 as exclusively a Young Composers Competition, open to composers 30 and younger. Now it’s in 9th year, it has been expanded to include a division for Young Composers, but also for composers of all ages. We are proud to have accepted applications from all over the world, and winners from Venezuela, Spain, and across the United States.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission and Selection Timeline
- Applicants are invited to submit a piece that fits into our 2023 concert: “Hear Our Prayer.” The piece might have been performed, and self-published. We want to celebrate pieces that were written before the competition and are not strictly world premieres.
- Submissions will be accepted through digital submission from January 9th to midnight on February 19th, CST
- Winners will be selected by March 11, 2023
- Winning pieces will be announced at Chorus Austin's Southwest Voices concert on March 11, 2023 and performed on next season's "Hear Our Prayer" concert and possibly recorded.
This year the contest will have TWO divisions, a Young Composer Division and an Open Division. Prizes for each will be the same, and are as follows:
- One winner will be selected from the pool of applicants for each division. A runner-up may also be awarded in each category as well as honorable mention(s) based on judging panel scores and recommendations.
First place winner will receive:
- $1250 cash prize
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to each performance, if held live
- Live recording of the performance of the composition
- $250 Travel Reimbursement to attend the premiere performance, if held live (winner is not required to attend)
- Opportunity to work with Maestro Ryan Heller and Chorus Austin Chamber Ensemble at a scheduled rehearsal before the concerts, either in person or virtually
Runner-up will receive:
- $500 cash prize
- Recording of the composition
- *Piece may or may not be performed live by Chorus Austin. If performed, runner-up will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to each performance, if held live, and a live recording of the performance of the composition.
Honorable mention(s) will receive possible performance and recording of composition