Account Executive (Contract/Full Time)
KMFA an Austin community-oriented public radio station seeks an experienced initiative-taking sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. With an emphasis on new business development and digital sales, the Account Executive will use a wide variety of station products in their portfolio to solicit businesses for advertising in their on-air, non-traditional, and digital platforms. The ideal candidate must possess a hunter mentality with cold calling/prospecting experience, a proven ability to negotiate and close with an elevated level of success and must easily build business relationships. This individual knows how to identify, develop, and present customized solutions to clients using non-traditional and digital concepts.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and grow relationships across multiple levels of the customer’s organization
- Develop new accounts using non-traditional and digital concepts
- Develop customized presentations of the highest quality for new and existing accounts
- Achieve sales goals as defined by management
- Spend the majority of the workday conducting outside sales inclusive of scheduling face-to- face appointments with decision makers through cold calling, cold prospecting and presenting to existing clients
- Educate customers on product and marketing strategies to improve their presence on the Internet and build value in the stations local/customer relationship
- Create and implement custom solutions for each client.
- Must have 5+ years sales related experience
- Basic proficiency of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) required. Traffic software experience a plus.
- Strong people skills at all levels are critical to the effectiveness of this position, as is a deep understanding and ability to analyze client ROI goals and data, media buying cycles, marketing philosophy, and target demographics.
- College Degree preferred
- Media sales experience preferred
KMFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer