KMFA CLASSICAL 89.5 PRESENTS
SYMPHONY NO. 3 "SANTA-ALMADA"
Composer Nathan Felix
May 15 at 4:00 P.M. | Draylen Mason Music Studio at KMFA
KMFA Classical 89.5 welcomes Nathan Felix's Symphony No. 3 "Santa-Almada" to our Offbeat Series at the Draylen Mason Music Studio on Sunday, May 15, 2022, 4:00 P.M.
"Santa-Almada" is based on a true story sparked by a quest for answers about the composer's absent father and Mexican ancestry, revealing of the existence of a half brother and sister, also having been abandoned by their mutual father.
After finally connecting with his father over the telephone after 27 years, Felix was moved to create the first movement of the work entitled "Fathers & Sons", which explores a deep fear that perhaps he would also one day abandon his duties to his future son.
The work was created over a period between 2014 and 2019, including during the five-year period when Felix travelled through Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. This choral symphony in six movements explores themes of personal exploration, discovery, loss, and deep reflection. It was important to Felix to have the world premiere of the work in Austin where it could be shared with his family.
KMFA is pleased to partner with Nathan Felix in bringing this performance to life. The work will be performed by the Austin-based choral ensemble, Inversion, led by artistic director Trevor Shaw.
General Admission Adult Tickets are $25.00
General Admission Student Tickets are $10.00
- Driving south on I-35: Take Exit 234A Cesar Chavez St. /Holly St. Turn left onto Holly Street. Turn right onto Navasota Street. KMFA will be on your left-hand side at 41 Navasota St.
- Driving north on I-35: Take Exit 234A Cesar Chavez St. /Holly St. Turn right onto Holly Street. Turn right onto Navasota Street. KMFA will be on your left-hand side at 41 Navasota St.
- Park in any space around the building or in the garage beneath.
- Enter from the front patio through the glass.
- Cost: $10.00-$25.00
- Name: KMFA Offbeat Series
The new performance series by KMFA highlights ensembles contributing to Austin's vibrant contemporary classical music scene using KMFA's new state-of-the-art Draylen Mason Music Studio. The series hopes to reach existing fans while also cultivating a new audience for these exciting contemporary works.
- Address: 41 Navasota St.
- City: Austin
- State: Texas
- Zip: 78702