This week's episode celebrates kings (George II, Christian III, James I), the Virgin Queen, (Elizabeth I), and an emperor with a thousand regrets (Charles V).
- Jacob van Eyck: Two setting of the Dutch national anthem, Wilhelmus van Nassouwe. Performed by Erik Bosgraaf. From Der Fluyten Lust-Hof.
- George Frideric Handel: Coronation anthem: The King shall rejoice. Performed by the Choir of Westminster Abbey and The English Concert. DG 410030.
- Selections from "Winds and Voices at the Court of King Christian III", including Jesus Christus nostra salus a 8 by Heinrich Finck. Performed by Copenhagen Cornetts & Sackbutts and Vocal Group Ars Nova. Dacapo 224029.
- William Byrd: O Lord, make thy servant Elizabeth. Performed by the Choir of Magdalen College, Oxford. HMU 907440.
- Music for King James I: Thomas Weelkes: O Lord, grant the king a long life. Performed by the Oxford Camerata. Naxos 553209. John Bull: The King's Hunt. Performed by Trevor Pinnock, harpsichord. CRD 3350.
- For Emperor Charles V: Thomas Crecquillon: Carole, magnus erat. Performed by Pomerium. Glissando 779008. Luis de Narvaez: Mille regres- La cancion del Emperador.
- From "Royal Music for a Royal Instrument": Melchior Schildt: Gleichwie das Feuer. Performed by Hans-Ola Ericsson at the organ of Norrfjärden Church, Sweden. BIS 1103.
- From "Music for the Spanish Kings": Gallarda napolitana. Performed by Hesperion XX. Virgin Veritas 61875.