This week's program features Christmas music from several centuries to help get you in the holiday spirit, with hymns and carols by Michael Praetorius and Johannes Brassart, a Christmas concerto by Francesco Manfredini, and a traditional German carol sung by Emma Kirkby. Other performers include La Morra and the Gabrieli Consort and Players.
- Clemens non Papa: Pastores quidnam vidistis. Performed by The Tallis Scholars.
- Johannes Brassart: Gratulemur cristicole. Performed by La Morra.
- Francesco Manfredini: Concerto XII in C ‘Pastorale per il Santissimo Natale.’ Performed by Les Amis de Philippe.
- Henry VIII: Green grow’th the Holly. Performed by Theatre of Voices.
- Anon.: Es sungen drei Engel. Performed by Emma Kirkby, soprano & the Westminster Abbey Choir.
- Anon.: Suite of Medieval English Carols. Performed by The Folger Consort.
- Michael Praetorius: Selections from the Lutheran Mass for Christmas morning. Performed by The Gabrieli Consort & Players, led by Paul McCreesh.
- Anon.: Bransle d’officiel (Ding Dong Merrily on High). Performed by Taverner Players.