This week's program centers on music named after the most melodic of animals! We'll hear Biber's Sonata Representativa, Vivaldi's Flute Concerto in D Major (Il Gardellino), and a soulful song by a Minnesinger about a nightingale who witnessed a secret tryst. Included are performances by the Ricercar Consort, soprano Sabine Lutzenberger, and the Academy of Ancient Music.
- Walther von der Vogelweide: Unter der Linden & Nahtegal. Performed by Per-Sonat and Sabine Lutzenberger, soprano.
- Johann Heinrich Schmelzer: Sonata representativa. Performed by the Ricercar Consort, led by Philippe Pierlor.
- Claude LeJeune: Cigne ie suis de candeur. Performed by the Huelgas Ensemble, led by Paul van Nevel.
- Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto in D Major, Op. 10 No 3, Il Gardellino. Performed by Matthias Maute, recorder, and Rebel.
- Thomas Tallis: Like as the doleful dove. The King’s Noyse, led by David Douglass.
- Pierre de la Rue: Soubz ce tumbel. Performed by Capilla Flamenca.
- George Frideric Handel: Organ Concerto in F major, HWV 295 ‘The Cuckoo and the Nightingale.' Performed by the Academy of Ancient Music, with Richard Egarr, organ.
- Jean-Philippe Rameau: Le Rappel des Oiseaux. Performed by Gustav Leonhardt, harpsichord.