My first episode of Ancient Voices aired on May 3, 2002. This 15th anniversary retrospective features some great moments and lots of terrific music by Purcell, Buxtehude, Biber, Marais, and more!
- Henry Purcell: Here the Deitites Approve. Performed by Andreas Scholl, countertenor, and Accademia Bizantina.
- Heinrich Scheidemann: Benedicam Domino, intavolation of six-voice motet by Hieronymus Praetorius. Performed by Gustav Leonhardt at the Arp Schnitger organ in the St. Jacobi Church in Hamburg.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Du Frieden-Fürst, Herr Jesu Christ. Performed by the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra and Soloists, directed by Ton Koopman.
- Marin Marais: La Reveuse. Performed by Jordi Savall, viola da gamba.
- Heinrich Biber: La Battaglia. Performed by La Follia Austin Baroque, directed by Keith Womer.
- From 'Night and Day: Sephardic Songs of Love and Exile', performed by Texas Early Music Project: La Comida de la Manana, Rahelica baila.
- Hieronymus Praetorius: Cantate Domino. Performed by Weser-Renaissance Bremen.