Today's show features Bach's Advent Cantata 'Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland', plus a preview of Ensemble VIII's upcoming concert 'Repeat the Sounding Joy- Christmas with Ensemble VIII', with music by Sweelinck, Palestrina, and Victoria, and insights from artistic director Dr. James Morrow.
- J.S. Bach: Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland, BWV 61. Performed by soprano Nancy Argenta, tenor Anthony Rolfe Johnson, baritone Olaf Bär, the Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists, conducted by John Eliot Gardiner.
- Ensemble VIII preview:
- Angelus ad virginem performed by New York's Ensemble for Early music, and 'There is no rose of such virtue', performed by the Hilliard Ensemble.
- Gloria from Palestrina's 'Missa Hodie Christus Natus Est' and Victoria's 'O Magnum Mysterium', performed by the Gabrieli Consort, Gombert's Ave Maria, performed by I Fiaminghi, and Sweelinck's 'Hodie Christus Natus est' performed by the Gesualdo Consort.
- Pastores quidnam vidistis by Clemens non Papa, performed by the Tallis Scholars, Psallite by Michael Praetorius performed by New York's Ensemble for Early music, and Puer natus in Bethlehem by Samuel Scheidt, performed by Vox Luminis.
- Closing music: Nowell, tidings true and Green grow'th the Holly, performed by New York's Ensemble for Early Music, from 'A Renaissance Christmas.'