Hymns, motets, and antiphons for the season of anticipation and preparation for Christmas.
- Guillaume Dufay: Conditor alme siderum. Performed by Pomerium. From "Creator of the Stars", DG 449819.
- JS Bach: Chorale: Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659. Performed by Ton Koopman at the Müller organ at the Waalse Kerk, Amsterdam. Hänssler 98.182. Michael Praetorius: Nun komm der Heiden Heiland. Performed by La Capella Ducale and Musica Fiata. CBS/Sony 62929.
- Ludwig Senfl: Ave Maria gratia plena. Performed by the choir of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
- Dieterich Buxtehude: Magnificat noni toni, BuxWV 205. Performed by Bine Bryndorf at the Schnitger organ in the Jakobikirche in Hamburg. Dacapo 6.220520. Andreas Hammerschmidt: Meine Seele Gott erhebt. Performed by Gli Scarlattisti. Carus 83.375.
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier: "O" Antiphons for Advent, including O Salutaris hostia, O Sapientia, O Adonai et dux domus Israel. Performed by Les Arts Florissants. HMU 0905124.
- Closing music: 'Ye sons of Men, with me rejoice', a traditional Irish song arranged by Daniel Johnson, and performed by Texas Early Music Project. For more information about 'An Early Christmas', please click here!