As much as we try to be impartial, even radio hosts have favorites! Here are a few of mine, by Buxtehude, Gabrieli, de la Rue, and others.
- Bella e la donna mia (Barbarino) & Gagliarda (Kapsberger). Performed by Vivante.
- Giovanni Gabrieli: Motetto 'Jubilate Deo', performed by Liuwe Tamminga at the Lorenzo da Prato organ located in San Petronio, Bologna.
- O Salutaris Hostia (de la Rue), performed by amarcord. Ballo delle ombre (Cazzati) performed by Ensemble Badinerie.
- Fa una canzona (improvisation) performed by Capella de la Torre. Fortuna desperata (Isaac), performed by Hesperion XXI. Pavane 'La Monina' (anon) performed by Forum Alte Musik Augsburg. Nymphes Napees (Josquin des Prez) performed by Capella de la Torre. Ciaconna (Falconieri), performed by Capella de la Torre.
- Herzlich Lieb hab ich dich O Herr (Buxtehude). Performed by the Gothenburg Baroque Arts Ensemble.
- Closing Music: Intrada (Hassler) Performed by Currende.