Paris Magic: Music in the City of Lights
with KMFA hosts Sara Schneider
& Ann Hume Wilson
April 19 - 27, 2020
Spend a magical week filled with music, art and, of course, great food and wine in the City of Lights next spring with KMFA 89.5! Join KMFA host Sara Schneider and President & General Manager Ann Hume Wilson for concerts at some of the city’s outstanding music venues, including the newest, the Philharmonie designed by star architect Jean Nouvel. Enjoy an all Beethoven program by Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin, a new production of Mozart’s Don Giovanni at the Palais Garnier, and a concert in that Gothic marvel of stained glass, Sainte Chapelle.
From the Middle Ages to the modern age, explore different periods of French history and culture in specially designed walking tours, and private guided tours of the Musée d'Orsay and other museums. Outside the city, visit the beautiful gardens and Baroque architecture of the Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte, the private home of Louis XIV’s finance minister, and Fontainebleau, the grand Renaissance chateau that was former home of Francis I and Napoleon. Your home in Paris is the deluxe 4-star Hotel Westminster, centrally located between the Opera and the Place Vendôme.
- Prime tickets to: Don Giovanni at the Palais Garnier, 2 orchestral concerts at the Philharmonie de Paris, 2 private chamber music concerts in historic venues
- Four-star accommodations at the centrally-located Hôtel Westminster
- Guided tours of the Musée d'Orsay and Musée Jacquemart-André
- Fine dining across Paris, including famed brasserie, Le Grand Colbert
- Day trip to Chateau Fontainebleu and Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Free time for additional sightseeing, shopping, or relaxing
- A small group of KMFA listeners and supporters
NOT INCLUDED: Optional group flight to/from Paris, travel insurance, and any items not listed in the “Included Highlights” section above. See Trip Facts below for optional group flight pricing.
8 days/7 nights
$4,990 per person, ground only, double occupancy
$830 single supplement
Optional group flight: $1,335 per person, nonstop, via IAH on Air France
(includes airport transfers in Paris & roundtrip coach to Houston from Austin)
April 19, your classical journey begins
April 27, your journey concludes after breakfast
1. Tuesday, April 21: Private chamber concert in an historic venue
2. Wednesday, April 22: Orchestre de Paris conducted by Paavo Järvi presents Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 17 and Strauss' Alpine Symphony
3. Friday, April 24: Opéra de Paris at presents Mozart’s Don Giovanni at Palais Garnier
4. Saturday, April 25: Chamber concert at Sainte-Chapelle
5. Sunday, April 26: Recital at Thèâtre des Champs Elysées by Benjamin Grosvenor, pianist
6. Sunday, April 26: Chamber Orchestra of Europe conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin presents Beethoven's Symphonies No. 1 and No. 9
Contact The Grand Tour to reserve your place on the tour with a credit card deposit, or send a check made payable to The Grand Tour for the deposit amount to: KMFA Paris Tour, The Grand Tour, PO Box 274, Peterborough, NH 03458.
Registration form can be downloaded here and mailed, faxed, or scanned to The Grand Tour.
Questions? Contact The Grand Tour at 800-727-2995 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Virginia Alvarez of KMFA at 512-615-6902 / email@example.com
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR TRAVEL PARTNER: